I’ve been busy with work since I got home from Australia, but I’m back on the blog and I have a recipe to share. My colleague, Ellen at work makes these amazing flapjacks and she gave me the recipe, yaaay! I’ve been baking these a couple of times the past month and I just can’t stop. One of my good friends, Stephanie has been asking me to share some recipes on the blog, so here it is – the first one. Also, go follow her on her social medias (click on the picture down below), cuz she’s been kindly helping us with some of the technical stuff on the blog. She deserves more recognition on her beautiful and creative pictures.
You will need:
- 75 g butter
- 75 g brown sugar
- 100 g oat meal
- 75 g chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (you can use any kind of syrup. I just prefer maple syrup)
- dried cranberries or chocolate chips (you can put anything you want in your flapjacks. TIP: you can dip half of the flapjack in melted chocolate, to make it look even better)
- Preheat your oven to 180c and then line a 20 x 20 baking tray with parchment paper.
- Melt butter, brown sugar and syrup on low-heat in a saucepan.
- Using a spatula start mixing the dry ingredient (hazelnuts, oat meal and dried cranberries) into the saucepan until combined.
- Put the flapjack mixture on the baking tray and press the mixture well together.
- Bake the flapjack for around 25 minutes on 180c.
- Let the flapjack cool down before cutting it into small pieces.
- You can cut it into small bars or cut it into small squares – it’s up to you.
THE VELVET KIDS